How Old Are the Windows in Your Home?
Residential windows add beauty and value to a home, as well as making sure that it is as energy efficient as possible. Perhaps you did not know, for instance, that approximately 30% of a home’s heating energy is lost through its windows. When you invest the time and the money to make sure that you have the newest, most energy efficient windows that are available. Finding the best contractors can help you make sure that you not only have the best products, but that they are also properly installed.
Installing windows is a craft that is difficult to master on your own. For this reason, it is important to make sure that contract with the best professionals in the business and that you work with the most reliable window installation companies that will stand behind their work.
Are You Installing New Windows After a Recent Hail Storm?
Both commercial and residential window installation can add to the value of a property. Finding the right contractor, in fact, can help you know that the work you are having done is going to be top of the line and if there are any problems they will come and make any necessary repairs. Consider some of these facts and figures about the window installation industry and the impact that it has on the energy efficiency of a home and the economy of the nation:
- Replacing a window costs an average of between $300 and $700 per window.
- 45% of the average energy bill goes toward heating, according to the Department of Energy.
- The latest research from the National Association of Realtors, indicates that home owners who replace their windows can get back 80% of their investment.
- 44% of renovation jobs in 2012 were for window or door replacement, according to the National Association of Home Builders Remodeling Market Index.
- Dual-paned windows are nearly two times as effective at retaining heat and air conditioning compared to single-paned models.
- Windows that are drafty and let air escape can increase a home’s energy bills by as much as 10% to 25%.
Installing windows is a craft that requires careful attention to detail. It also relies on making sure that you are using the best materials that you can afford. Some of the newest and best materials, in fact, may actually be more resistant to the next hail storm that moves through the area.