When Was the Last Time That You Had to Hire a Plumber?
The average household in America spends $500 on their water and sewer bill each year. In many cases, however, this amount could be less. Knowing when to hire a plumber, in fact, is an important part of being a home owner. Whether you are considering replacing a water heater or your home may be in need of sewer repair, knowing when to hire a plumber can help you get the quality work that you need done, without the risk of causing more damage by attempting these tasks on your own.
Home ownership can be tricky. For instance, there are many instances when you have the time and energy to tackle home projects yourself. Interior painting in rooms that do not have vaulted ceilings, for instance, can often be completed on your own. If something goes wrong you can cover up mistakes with another can of paint. When it comes to plumbing, however, a mistake can lead to expensive damage that, in the worst case scenario, can lead to mold and mildew problems.
Finding the Right Plumber Can Help You Tackle Any Challenge
From water heaters to under slab repairs, there are some tasks that are simply too risky to try on your own. Finding the right plumber, however, can help you know that you are getting the quality part that you need, as well as the professional workmanship that will keep your home save. In addition, the highest grade of plumbing will add to the value of your home and make it easier to sell when it comes time to look for a new house.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the common plumbing problems that many home owners face:
- The latest estimates indicate that 3 trillion gallons of water would be saved each year if home owners installed water-efficient products.
- Unfortunately, 443 million school days are lost every year because of water-related illnesses.
- On average, a family of four uses 400 gallons of water every day.
- The latest research indicates that 16%of people in the world still do not have access to clean water.
- As an indicator of the progress that has been made in the latest plumbing fixtures, If toilets were not upgraded from 3.5 gallon tanks in 1992, the U.S. would be using more than 437 billion gallons of water every year.
- In addition, the average household in America could save up to $170 each year on their water and sewer bills just by making little changes to their plumbing fixtures and habits.
Professional plumbing services are a worthwhile investment for any home owner. Making sure that you find the right plumber is a combination of checking references and visiting with the plumber one on one. Knowing when to hire a plumber can help you not only maintain the current value of your home, but also often add to the value as well.