Professional Landscaping and Hardscaping Can Add Value and Beauty to Your Property
It is not a surprise that more and more homes in the town are making the transition from traditional landscapes to hardscapes. Although in the past in your town has never metered the water that is used by individual home owners, there is now a change. With water meters placed on every lot, home owners are now going to be charged for the water that they use. As a result, many of these home owners are making thee decision to transform some of their grassy spaces into areas with hardscapes. Although they will still be beautiful, these spaces will not take water to maintain.
Less water, less money. Less grass, still beautiful.
This is the time of year when many people spend their money and their time finding annuals and perennials. And while some people can pick and choose their flowers and shrubs, but the fact of the matter is that there are many parts of the country where it is simply getting too expensive to water on a daily basis. In fact, in some parts of the country property owners are not allowed to water their yards. Going against that rule can come with a very healthy fine.
This Is the Time of Year When Property Owners Make Plans for Their Landscaping and Hardscaping
Landscape supplies are a great way to make sure that your property looks its best, and that it increases in value. Did you know that nearly 90% of real estate agents recommend that home owners invest in landscaping before putting their home on the market? In fact, without paying attention to the landscaping you may not get the money out of your property that you invested. Consider some of these other facts and figures about the landscaping and hardscaping facts and the impact that these industries has on the nation’s economy:
- Landscaping can raise property value as much by as much as 12%.
- 92% of home owners who are adding plants to their yards are choosing plants that are native to their region. These plants often require less watering.
- Spending as little as 5% of a home’s value on landscaping can provide a return on investment (ROI) of up to 150%.
- 47% of Americans wish they could hire a landscape professional, according to a recent survey for the National Association of Landscape Professionals.
- By reducing air conditioning and fuel costs, strategically planting shrubs and trees around a property can save up to 25% in energy bills.
- 67% of Americans agree that professional landscaping would allow them to have a nicer yard, according to a recent survey by Harris Poll for the National Association of Landscape Professionals.
These are the weeks when property owners are making decisions about how their homes and businesses will look for the rest of the summer, and whether you go with a traditional landscaping plan or less traditional hardscapes your attention will add value and beauty to your home.