How Tile Can Help You Transform Your Pool
If you’re looking for a material for finishing your floor, your patio or even your swimming pool, look no further than tile. Tile has been around for years as a finishing material and offers plenty of benefits to the average homeowner.
- Long lasting: Tile has long been coveted as a building material and one of the biggest reasons is because it’s long lasting. Unlike materials such as carpet or laminate, tile, especially glass tile, can last a lifetime if it is installed properly.
- Healthy: When you’re in your home you want to be able to breathe clean air and not worry about any poisons getting into the air. Volatile organic compounds, also known as VOCs, contribute a lot to poor indoor air quality by showing up in everything from paint to floor material. Fortunately, tile is fired in kilns and give off no VOCs whatsoever.
- Eco-friendly: Whether you’re looking at waterline tile, flooring tile or mosaic tile, tile is very eco-friendly. Many of today’s tile-making factories recycle both water and materials.
- Low maintenance: Waterline tile, ceramic tile and other types of tile can be very easily cleaned. You can usually do it with warm water, meaning you don’t need a whole mess of chemical cleaners to maintain it.
- Hypoallergenic: If you’re got loved ones at home dealing with asthma and allergies, tile can be the perfect flooring choice. This is because it in inhospitable to mold, germs, bacteria and dust mites.
As previously mentioned, tile can be used almost anywhere and one of the more popular uses for it is in swimming pools in the form of waterline tile.
Waterline tile can help pool owners keep their clean. Bathtub owners may be well familiar with the scum “ring” that forms on the edge of the tub over time. Waterline tile can prevent that from happening in pools because it’s coated with an impermeable glaze that prevents debris and scum from clinging to it. Tile is also coated so as to not chemically bond with any of those floating compounds that can be found in a pool.
Waterline tile can offer plenty of benefits when it comes to your swimming pool, including these three big ones:
- Safety: Waterline tile and coping (the materials that border and cap your pool) help keep you safe. They help provide a non-slip surface for getting in and out of the pool and they stay cool to the touch, meaning they’re not going to burn your feet on a hot summer day.
- Maintenance: In addition to keeping you safe, waterline tile and coping can also help maintain your pool. They provide additional sealant to your pool and help you to secure the foundation to help you avoid leaks and cracks. Another benefit is they make your pool easier to clean. They respond well to pool vacuums and skimmers, so you can clean your pool easier and spend more time swimming.
- Looks good: Both waterline tile and coping can give your pool a smooth, clean look. Both coping and tile come in a variety of colors and styles, so you can easily pick out whatever you like and start on your own custom design, whether you go with turquoise glass tile, blue mosaic tile or some other kind of pool tile.
Whether you’re redoing your home flooring, your pool, your patio or some other area, tile is an ideal material to use. It’s long-lasting, hypoallergenic, durable and can help your transform your pool with your own custom design.