Helpful Tips to Know Before Starting a Bathroom Remodel
For anybody looking to transform the feel of their home, a bathroom remodeling may have a significant impact. Remodeling your bathroom may entail poring through a variety of bathroom designs to choose one uniquely suited to your space. Apart from its one-of-a-kind style, you may need other things to update and modernize your bathroom. Mirrored bathroom vanities and a bath fitter are some of the examples of new features to consider in your remodeling project.
Design trends change over time, and doing an internet search can offer you alternative bath fitter options from which to choose for your bathroom remodeling needs. However, doing it yourself may not provide the desired effects. You may want to seek a bath and shower company with proper licensing and a track record of completing comparatively high-quality remodels. Reading home and renovation magazines may also inspire certain design features to add to your bath and bathroom. Homeowners are on the lookout for timeless design concepts that can help them turn their conventional bathtubs into stunning master baths.
Americans love updating their bathrooms! According to a National Association of Home Builders survey, bathroom renovations are the number one most requested remodeling job in the U.S., accounting for a full 78% of home remodels.
However, knowing where to start can be confusing. Here are some tips and tricks to know before you get started with that bathroom remodel.
- Set a budget. You will want to set a budget before you get going as it can be incredibly hard not to overbuy when you are shopping around.
- Make a list of what you want before you speak to a bathroom contractor and/or head to the store. After all, you don’t want to forget any of the special details you’ve been dreaming of!
- Plan out the perfect height for your sink. The perfect sink will come right to your abs, so make sure to measure before you buy anything.
- Make the tub reign supreme. The bathtub is the first thing anyone looks at when they walk into your bathroom, and it is the first fixture to show wear and tear. Plus, who doesn’t like baths?
- Consider the pros and cons of having a shower curtain versus a sliding glass door. A shower curtain can add a lot of bulk, whereas a glass door can represent a lack of privacy for some.
- Choose your tile wisely. It is all too easy to go overboard with backsplashes and flooring, but too much can make your bathroom feel cluttered. As a rule, if you go with tile, only choose two areas to accent.
- Make sure to include venting options as you will want to have at least two methods of ventilation in the room. Having at least an operable window and fan that vents outside will go far in removing moisture and preventing mold and mildew from growing in the bathroom.
- Never, ever remove the plumbing or try to change where it is. This is a costly renovation with barely any ROI, and all the plumbing needed will take a long time to complete.
Interested in changing up your bathroom? Call our bathroom remodel Anchorage AK professionals today to learn more! air max air max air max