By Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam
This quantity comprises a range of the Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures offered each year on the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts. brought by means of eminent scientists and students, together with Nobel laureates, they hide a large spectrum of matters in physics, chemistry, existence technological know-how, arithmetic, historiography and social issues.
This exotic memorial lecture sequence was once inaugurated by way of the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts following a global symposium held in Jerusalem in March 1979 to commemorate the centenary of Albert Einstein's beginning. due to the fact Einstein's pursuits, actions and effect weren't limited to theoretical physics yet spanned wide fields affecting society and the welfare of humankind, it used to be felt that those memorial lectures might be addressed to scientists, students and erudite laypersons instead of to physicists alone.
- What Can natural arithmetic provide to Society? (W Timothy Gowers, Fields Medalist)
- General Covariance and the Passive Equations of Physics (Shlomo Sternberg, Professor of natural and utilized arithmetic, Harvard University)
- The constitution of Quarks and Leptons (Haim Harari, Professor of Nuclear Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Beautiful Theories (Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Harmless power from Nuclei (Carlo Rubbia, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Supramolecular Chemistry: From Molecular info towards Self-Organization and complicated subject (Jean-Marie Lehn, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Chromatin and Transcription (Roger Kornberg, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Energy, surroundings, and the accountability of Scientists (Yuan T Lee, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Res Ipsa Loquitur: background and Mimesis (John E Wansbrough, Professor of Oriental and African stories, collage of London)
Readership: Scientists, scholars and lay people.
Read Online or Download Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 PDF
Best general physics books
Superconductivity: Physics and purposes brings jointly significant advancements that experience happened in the box during the last two decades. Taking a very sleek method of the topic the authors offer an engaging and available creation. Brings a clean method of the physics of superconductivity dependent either at the good demonstrated and convergent photo for many low-Tc superconductors, supplied via the BCS thought on the microscopic point, and London and Ginzburg-Landau theories on the phenomenological point, in addition to on reviews accrued in high-Tc learn in recent times.
The universe and every thing inside it now exist at the similar actual airplane. Humanity can develop into empowered consequently on many levels.
Proposing a unified method of the liquid kingdom, this booklet focusses at the suggestions and theoretical tools which are beneficial for an knowing of the physics and chemistry of the fluid country. The authors don't try to conceal the total box in an encyclopedic demeanour. as a substitute, very important principles are provided in a concise and rigorous sort, and illustrated with examples from either easy molecular drinks and extra advanced smooth condensed subject platforms corresponding to polymers, colloids, and liquid crystals.
Ion-Selective Electrode studies, quantity three, presents a evaluate of articles on ion-selective electrodes (ISEs). the amount starts with an editorial on tools in keeping with titration techniques for surfactant research, that have been built for discrete batch operation and for non-stop AutoAnalyser use.
- Active Nitrogen: Physical Chemistry: A Series of Monographs
- Time Travelers Of The Bible: How Hebrew Prophets Shattered The Barriers Of TimeSpace
- Efficient Organic Light Emitting-Diodes (OLEDs)
- Nuclear Physics: Exploring the Heart of Matter
- Leybold Vacuum Handbook
Additional resources for Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1
Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 by Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam